Managed rental properties for personal and clients 2010-present.
Degreed in marketing from Texas Tech graduated 2000.
Highly qualified, experienced elementary school curriculum writer and teacher seeking freelance writing position or reviewer of teaching lesson plans.
Curriculum Writing Experience
Kids Money School- Frisco, Texas
Elementary Math/Social Studies Freelance Writer- December 2009- June 2010
Designed and wrote a series of creative, hands-on lessons based on a list of given objectives that were to be taught to elementary age school children.
The curriculum that I developed is now used by teachers to teach children about money, at the Kids Money School.
Produced Power Points that went along with each lesson.
Developed worksheets that coordinated along with the instruction.
Aligned the instruction to accompany the intermediary and high school lessons.
The Science Place- Dallas, Texas
Teachers in Industry Freelance Intern- May 2003- August 2003
Planned an early childhood hands-on exhibit that remains on exhibit today.
Created signs that were to be placed around the exhibit, instructing adults how to create the active learning experiences for the children.
Collaborated with other interns as well as full time employees.
Researched product information needed to develop the farming exhibit.
Teaching/Curriculum Writing Experience
Hackberry Elementary- Little Elm ISD, Frisco, Texas
Third Grade Teacher- June 2005- June 2011
• Participated in the District’s Curriculum Planning Team to create a pacing guide for the current Third Grade Reading Curriculum.
• Assisted and mentored a student teacher to provide students with engaging and motivating learning activities that fostered student success.
• Served on the Social Studies Alive Curriculum Planning Team for the district.
• Nominated as “Teacher of the Year” in 2008.
• Created a specialized learning environment for all students, including those that were gifted and talented, on-level, dyslexic, autistic, aspergers, and learning disabled.
• Utilized assessment data to guide student learning and instructional focus for all students, including dyslexic and gifted and talented students.
• Achieved high standards of student success on Reading and Math TAKS tests.
• Mentored and guided grade-level peer in curriculum implementation and classroom management strategies.
Implemented SIOP strategies in the classroom to promote success for English language learners.
Truett Elementary- Dallas ISD, Dallas, Texas
Second Grade Teacher- August 2001- June 2003
Third Grade Teacher- June 2003- June 2004
• Coordinated, Developed, and Co-lead Family Math Night.
• Developed original multi-cultural dance instruction and taught it after school to children in grades three through six.
• Improved math curriculum and alignment by serving as a Math Vertical Alignment Committee Member.
• Provided problem solving expertise while serving as a committee member of the Student Support Team.
• Planned and created motivating math and reading lessons, and taught them after school to children in need of extra support.
Gina and Nathan Neely